- Full Scholarships Available for Special Ed Certification at UNH
- PEAL Inclusive Education Conference
- Supporting Natural Support Networks
- It’s Possible to Open Doors that Allow People to Step Through into Community
- Autistic Community Condemns Autism Speaks’ “I am Autism” Campaign
- Join Us as We Learn About Social Circles and Networks
- People Have Names
- Quite a week
- Link to Erin McKenzie Virtual Welcoming Space Blog
- You Won’t Want to Miss This : Jonathan Mooney is Coming to Ohio – April 13 and 14, 2008
Author Archives: Candee Basford
“We are the true voices of Autism,” say Autistic adults; Campaign spreads stigma, prejudice and inaccurate information; ASAN vows protest of upcoming Autism Speaks fundraisers
Washington, DC (September 23rd, 2009) – The autism community reacted in horror today to Autism Speaks’ new “I am Autism” campaign, presenting Autistic people as kidnap victims and burdens on their family members and communities.
“I am autism. I have no interest in right or wrong. I will plot to rob you of your children and your dreams….And if you’re happily married, I will make sure that your marriage fails. Your money will fall into my hands, and I will bankrupt you for my own self-gain,” says the “I am Autism” video, released yesterday and created by Academy Award-nominated director Alfonso Cuarón and Grammy-nominated songwriter/producer Billy Mann.
Continue reading at Autistic Self Advocacy Network, SW Ohio